Wednesday, March 31, 2010

No more ice



It took two days in the high 60's to finish off the ice cover on Otter Lake. Now the water is completely open. This will allow me to start training a little more seriously. I've got a majority of my gear and I can load up the Dirty Gondola and see how she handles when fully loaded. If you happen to be along the river keep an eye out for me.

Additionally, since the article in the Leader came out I've received a large amount of support from the community. Many people seem to be very excited about the trip. It sure is great to get a whole bunch of positive encouragement. Thanks to everyone who has shown their support!

2 comments:

  1. That is such a good picture. It even looks like you, except with less facial hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's about the best compliment I've ever received.

    ReplyDelete