Friday, March 12, 2010

Trip Details

Thanks for visiting the Hutchinson to Hudson Bay blog.

On April 25th I will be starting a journey from the Crow River to Hudson Bay. I will be following the route Eric Sevareid and Walter Port took in their 1930 expedition, except I will be adding 200 miles to the start and 200 miles on the end. The total mileage is approximately 2600 miles. A few adventurers have made the trek since Sevareid's, but as far as I know this is the first time this route has been done solo.

It is my intention to turn this kayak trip into a fundraiser for Conservation Corps Minnesota and Iowa. I believe this organization does great things for Minnesota's natural resources and I wish for them to continue their great work. If you would like to make a pledge (e.g. a penny a mile, a nickel a mile) please contact me through email (golds143@d.umn.edu). If you would like to donate directly to the conservation corps please go to their website: http://www.conservationcorps.org/

Check back for more updates soon.

1 comment: