Friday, April 2, 2010

On the water

Last night Zella's was rockin to the tunes of Hank Williams and Leadbelly; two of my favorite musicians. The restaurant was pretty busy up until close. A couple shirts were sold and several bags of granola as well. It was a great night and it got me even more excited for the trip.

Additionally, the first donation was pledged for the Conservation Corps; a nickel for every mile. This is great stuff. If I make it the whole way, thats about $130 donated. This is an awesome first step. Please send me an email if you would like to make a pledge as well: golds143@d.umn.edu

As a result of the Leader article, I've been contacted by a newspaper out of Willmar. They'd like to do a story on the trip when I pass through Granite Falls. On top of that, the local radio station KDUZ will be interviewing me on Friday the 23rd at 3:30. Be sure to tune in and get a load of my sweet radio voice.

Got on the water by 8 this morning and went down stream a little ways to Tartan park. Was pretty windy on the way back home and the gear got a little soaked by the waves. Nothing that a simple tarp adjustment won't fix. It felt great to paddle into the wind for a while, good training. While I was portaging the dam had a nice chat with a man interested in the trip. It sure has been great getting all the encouragement from the community.

2 comments:

  1. Rudy I had some of the "Gondola Granola" today with my mixed berry yogurt. AMAZING! Good luck buddy, give a wave when you are near my humble abode. I will also be wearing my t-shirt underneath my button downs at work. I plan on leaving it on until you are victorious with your feat.

    ReplyDelete