Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Grand Forks, ND

Hello

Currently I am hanging out in Grand Forks. I have a very kind host and access to a computer.

Progress is very steady lately. I can do about 50 miles a day. Had some storms a few days back that made me sit out for a while. They weren't all bad, got to test my new rain gear and take a rest. Except for that it's been nothing but sunshine.

I got to paddle with my good friend Chuck a few days back. That was a nice change. We met some nice folks in Wolverton who gave us a spot to camp, a fire to cook on, and all the Hamm's we could drink.

Hope to make Winnipeg in a week or so.

Rudy

8 comments:

  1. Be sure to stop in Grand Beach, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you Rudy! We're thinking of you every day. Love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah Rudy! Reagan loves seeing your picture in the paper. We got your letter the other day.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. First heard of your journey one night at Zella's. Glad to see you are making progress. Have just picked up copy of Sevareid's "Canoeing with the Cree" and will be interested to see how the journey - and its impact on you - might have changed over the decades. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU ARE SUPERMAN! keep on working hard and having fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the progress! 50-miles a day sounds like a good clip. I hope the wind and weather help speed you along to Winnipeg.
    -Eric A

    ReplyDelete
  7. RUTHERFORD!
    I just caught up on your blogs, it sounds like you are having an amazing adventure. I think of you often and wish I could be there to paddle for a day or two. I miss you, friend. Update again soon!!
    Love,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rudy,
    Keep up the good work. Enjoy every minute, even the tough ones. We're rooting for you and envious of you! Godspeed.

    Mark & Family

    ReplyDelete