Saturday, July 10, 2010

Grand Marais!

Hello

I wrote the previous post a couple days ago and didn't get a chance to use the internet until now. So, I figured I'd just post it up anyway.

Currently I'm hanging out in Grand Marais, MN on the north shore. There's an art fair and bands playin, pretty good timing eh? I met some very hospitable folks on the beach who were willing to lodge me up for the night and give me a shower, clean clothes, and access to the internet.

I'm taking sometime to resupply here in Grand Marais; food and what not. Paddling the lake is pretty slow going. There is a pretty constant head wind through most of the day. I get most of my distance covered around dawn and dusk when the winds die down. I believe I'll be in Duluth in about 4 days. I'll do some more blogging once I'm there.

Rudy

6 comments:

  1. Good Job Rudy. Thanks for calling your mother today. We're happy your safe and doing well. Maybe one or both of us will get to see you in Duluth by da Bridge. Sure hope you are able to complete the trip before time runs out. I am sure we or someone else can help you get to the St. Croix. Calls us from Duluth. Keep paddling and be safe.
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun catching up on your blog! Thanks for taking time to post for us followers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!
    broccoli has more calcium than a glass of milk but an orange has more calcium than broccoli. I guess we were both looking for calcium in the wrong places... which according to this source doesn't help your bones? hope your'e doing swell!
    -Haley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Rudy! We've enjoyed following your progress. Am glad you remember how to type and all that time talking to trees hasn't taken over! ;-) Cam and Maddy have an apartment in Duluth now and will be up there this weekend, July 17/18. Call me if you are are there and need a place to stay -- I'll put you in touch with them. Take care...safe travels! Love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. ruuuudy. i will be in duluth on saturday the 18th and sunday if by chance you paddle through. give me a call! 320.583.5959 in case you forgot. i'll bring deodorant.

    jordan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jhyme

    sorry man I'll be on the Brule by then. I think my parents might camp out and look for me on that weekend though. If I see em I'll give you a call on one of their phones eh?

    Rudy

    ReplyDelete